Friday, January 13, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Balloon Bingo Girl Card

Ah, Bingo: that iconic game that sucks in fierce competitors from 5 to 105.  I love anything retro-Bingo-esque, so I decided to make a card using a Bingo card as my base.


I started by layering on some Gesso, then gluing down some trellis cuts made with Simon Says Stamp vintage paper and Tim Holtz's Trellis Frameworks die.


I cut the same shape out of some plaid paper and filled some of the lattice cut-outs back in.  I stamped a black circle in the background, then added more white paint and inked up the background with this great set of dye inks (Debby's Picks) from Simon Says Stamp. Then I stamped, colored and fussy-cut one of the Bubble Wand stamps from my latest Snapping Monsters Stamp set and glued it on.



I thought the Bubble Wand looked like a balloon, so I found the perfect little person to hold it!  I found this darling Danita Angel image that I'd stamped and fussy-cut from a previous project and thought she'd be a perfect addition to my card.  A little scrap of green fabric served to finish it off with a lovely strip of grass.



Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and has sufficient time to get a little crafty!