Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Oh, Hello

As an avid card maker, I do enjoy a good card sketch to build from when my own creative well is running dry.  Here is a sketch-based card that I recently made:


And here is the inspiring card sketch I used courtesy of those talented Chief Editors of Crafting Ireland Online, Nicole Mullen and Timi Konya.


I left the tops of my banners protruding above the line and added a scallop and some quarter-rosettes.  The paper I used was from Graphic 45, MME, Simple Stories, The Paper Studio, Tim Holtz and Jenni Bowlin.  I used some Prima flowers to add some dimension behind the little quarter-rosettes.  I inked around all the edges with Tim Holtz's Walnut Stain distress ink then I finished it off with the "Oh, Hello" sentiment from Stampin' Up.

I have to say kudos to great sketches like this that always provide some artistic oomph when my brain's too tired to start from scratch.  That's the beauty of the crafting world: constant inspiration from the talents of others.  :)