Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Other Creations: A Loving Home Collage

One of my favorite blogs to frequent is the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog.  Every week, there's a theme-based challenge and then some Mega (with a capital M) talented designers show how they interpreted the theme.  And if that isn't enough inspiration for you, there are a ton of entries you can check out left by super crafty people all over the world to show how they've answered the call of the challenge.  Needless to say, it is good stuff!

This week's challenge was, "A Little Paper."  The goal was to use 6" x 6" paper or cut down bigger paper to make something amazing in miniature.  I loved the challenge, so here's the collage I made for it:


To create this project, I made a collage from fabric scraps, then I stamped a house image on top of it.  I used the "Elegant House" stamp from B Line Designs and jet black Ranger archival ink.


I attached my house collage to some gorgeous paper from Prima's "Lyric" Collection.  I used a piece of 12" x 12" paper titled "Prelude," but I only cut out one tiny panel of it and used that to frame my collage house.


Lastly, I cut out a "Love" sentiment from another piece of paper from this Prima collection titled, "Recital."

I adore 12" x 12" paper and I'm always looking at its patterns and panels and thinking of how I can cut it up into smaller components for cards, tags, mini books, etc.  What a fun challenge from the Simon Stamp & Show blog that reminds us that one 12" x 12" sheet can keep on givin' for a multitude of mini projects!