Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Little Blue Dress

It's Thursday night and it has been snowing ALL day!  I'm talkin' mega white stuff out there.  It's bitter cold and the sky is frozen gray gloom, which is exactly why I felt the need to post a picture of my Little Blue Dress card.  Doesn't it just say Spring and flowers and sunshine and posh garden parties and lemonade??


NOT that I'm one of those "the grass is always greener" people, and snow really is beautiful in its own way, but I'm just saying that it's nice to have a reminder of warmer days when you're inhaling air so cold that it instantly freezes the inside of your nose (not even kidding).

To make this card, I used an Inkadinkado dress stamp which I outlined in black with my sewing machine.  I layered up the fabric, stamped the sentiment, inked here and there, then glued it all to a divine piece of polka-dot background paper from Fancy Pants. 

Well, a quick glance outside reveals that the snow is still falling.  Now that I've had this little moment of Spring, there's nothing left to do but hope I get snowed in.  After all, it's Friday Eve, the glue gun's already plugged in and the hot chocolate is calling my name!  Doesn't get much better than that!