Friday, February 1, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Stuck On U Sketches 100th Sketch Blog Hop



Welcome, welcome to the SOUS 100th Sketch Blog Hop!  How fun is it to see all the projects these talented ladies came up with based on the same sketch??  If you made it here, you've come from Annette's blog and I am the last on the list!  If you stumbled here randomly and don't know what in the heck I'm talking about, then head to the  Stuck on U Sketches blog to start off right!

Without further ado, here is my card:


My card was based on this sketch, which I admittedly took a few liberties on.



For starters, I decided to scoot the rectangles over to the side so that they overlapped instead of being spread out (what can I say?  I was having space issues!)

I also brought in some fabric and used a pastel palette to give it that romantic vibe.



As for materials, the stick pins are from Maya Road, the paper is from Kaisercraft and Prima and the lace flowers are from Recollections.  The sentiment is actually from a piece of fabric that had a bunch of text sayings on it.  I cut it out and added it to the card.  I finished everything off with a little Tim Holtz distress ink.



All in all, what a great blog hop it's been!  Congrats to Stuck on U Sketches for 100 fantastic and inspiring sketches!  

Now that you're done, make sure you go back to the SOUS blog and leave a comment that you've finished the hop!