Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Cards and Tags: Thankful Card

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!!  Since I wouldn't know the first thing about what to do with a turkey, I will leave that to my brilliant culinary mother and contribute in a different way: by making some "Thankful" cards!  I thought these would be a fun memento to give out to family members.  On the inside, I've written what I'm thankful for about that family member.


I used pretty much every brand of paper known to man for this card, namely Authentique, Cosmo Cricket, We R Memory Keepers, Recollections, Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey.


For the 3D flowers, I used a Sizzix flower die and I used Prima flowers behind the 3D flowers.  I also added some yarn from Crystal Palace behind the flowers.


The "thankful" sentiment was made using alphabet letter stamps from Studio G.  The big and little letter T's were already printed on the patterned paper, so I just cut them out and stamped "thankful" underneath it.

The initial inspiration for this card came from the first ever Monthly Monday Challenge issued by the Scrapbook USA Expo.  Have you read through the challenge yet?  Submit a project, card, etc., based on the word "thankful" and you could win some sweet prizes!  Check out the challenge here!