Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Cards and Tags: Santa Tag

I'm telling you-- Christmas will be here before you know it, so here's an extremely easy way to make some Christmas tags.  Find a square or rectangular Christmas stamp image and stamp it on a piece of cardstock.  Cut the image out and ink it in certain areas that you want to stand out (I used green ink to shade around the Santa silhouette).  Next, use a tag diecut or template that's about the same width as your stamp image and cut out the tag from patterned paper (polka dots in my case).  Adhere your stamped image onto the tag.  Trim off the right and left edges of the tag die cut if you want the stamped image flush with the sides.  Add an alternating patterned strip at the top or bottom if desired (I used stripes at the bottom).  I also added a snowflake embellishment at the top.  Punch a hole through your tag and add yard, fibers or ribbon and you're done!

I think using patterned paper for the top and bottom of your tag sort of frames out the image nicely and gives your tag an added layer of dimension.  And if you like the stamp image I used, I found it at another of my favorite online stamp stores: Paperartsy.  Here's a link if you want to check them out: http://www.paperartsy.co.uk/