Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Cards and Tags: Halloween Divas

I know it's not even June yet, but if you've tried to submit seasonal projects for publication before, you know that you always have to be thinking at least 6 months ahead of reality!  Over the past few weeks, I've been ghoulishly creating Halloween cards and jewelry.  One of my favorite tricks (or treats, ha, ha) is to combine Halloween stamps with everyday stamps to create fresh scenes.

Take these two witchy women, for example.  They started out as a stamp of ladies from the fifties.  I drew capes and used bat wings and witch hat stamps to "Halloween-i-fy" them.  Ditto with the bakery background.  I added Halloween images to the pastries to continue the theme.

This is a great way to save money on stamps as well as force yourself to look a little outside of the box.  I'm constantly looking at my stamps and trying to figure out if I can deconstruct their components to use for something else.